Microbial Identification Services
At NCIMB we have extensive experience of providing fast, accurate identification of bacteria and fungi to Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) standards. Our well-equipped laboratories are located in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Our experienced microbiologists can:
- identify unknown bacterial and fungal isolates from environmental monitoring programmes in manufacturing facilities
- identify bacteria and fungi that are contaminating products or causing other issues within production processes and environments
- confirm the identity of production strains and monitor for strain drift.
Why use NCIMB microbial identification services?
Range of turnaround times and prices
Accurate and reliable identification
Friendly, expert advice available
We work with companies of all sizes, from a broad range of industry sectors including pharmaceutical, food and drink, oil and gas, cosmetics and personal care.
What you can send
- Bacterial and fungal isolates can be sent to our laboratories as plates, slopes or broths that have been incubated to produce sufficient growth.
- We also accept mixed cultures and other types of samples, such as samples of water, swabs, slimes or contaminated products, but please contact us to discuss the options available prior to submitting them.
NCIMB does not accept active cultures of dangerous human pathogens or organisms isolated from clinical or diseased plant materials for identification. We cannot accept isolates known to be above ACDP category 2 and ACGM class 1.
Looking for information about bacterial or fungal identification services?
We offer a range of turnaround times and prices, allowing you to prioritise important samples and we will keep you informed throughout the process.
We identify yeasts and moulds, with a range of turnaround times and prices allowing you to prioritise important samples. We will keep you informed throughout the process.