Validated and auditable
At NCIMB we have extensive experience of providing fast, confidential and accurate identification of bacteria and fungi to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
We work with companies from a broad range of industry sectors including pharmaceutical, food and drink, oil and gas, cosmetics and personal care.
Our experienced microbiologists can identify unknown isolates from environmental monitoring programmes in manufacturing facilities, confirm the identity of production strains and monitor for strain drift. We can also identify bacteria and fungi that are contaminating products or causing other issues within production processes and environments.
Pure cultures can be sent to us for identification as plates, slopes or broths. We also accept mixed cultures and other sample types such as water, effluents, slimes or contaminated products.
We offer our customers:
- A validated and auditable service.
- Same day, next day, three day and ten day turnaround options (same day and next day for isolates only).
- Clear, easy to understand reporting, tailored to your requirements.
- Easy sample submission.
- NCIMB’s microbial identification services follow auditable procedures using validated equipment and are undertaken to GMP standards.
- We operate a well-established quality management system certified to ISO 9001:2015.
- We are regularly audited by our customers, ensuring we meet their high standards.
We offer a responsive service and have introduced a range of sample turnaround times to help our customers prioritise identification of their most important isolates and optimise use of budgets. We can deliver same day and next day results for isolates received before 10am, as well as providing three day and ten day services, with options available for reporting.