At NCIMB we can detect, quantify and monitor microorganisms for our customers using qPCR. Our well-equipped laboratories are located in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Our experienced scientists can:
- provide information and advice about the options available
- use qPCR to confirm the presence or absence of organisms in samples
- use qPCR to provide quantitative information that allows customers to monitor change in samples take over time.
Applications of qPCR
- It can be used to test for and monitor particular groups of organisms that are known to cause problems in particular environments. At NCIMB we are regularly asked to used qPCR to monitor groups of microbes known to influence corrosion in marine or oilfield environments.
- qPCR can also be a useful tool for confirming the presence or absence of microbes that are used in microbial products and manufacturing processes.
Why use NCIMB for qPCR services?
We can develop customised assays for organisms or functional genes of interest, as well as undertaking commonly requested tests.
Friendly, expert advice available
What you can send
- We accept a range of sample types, such as samples of water, swabs, slimes or contaminated products, but please contact us to discuss the options available prior to sending them.
- NCIMB does not accept active cultures of dangerous human pathogens or organisms isolated from clinical or diseased plant materials for identification. We cannot accept isolates known to be above ACDP category 2 and ACGM class 1.