We have a vacancy for a Laboratory Scientist to join our busy Energy & Environmental Microbiology Services (EEMS) team. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.
NCIMB is an innovative biotechnology company providing a range of microbial services for life science, food & drink, energy, and environmental businesses. We have just moved into new, purpose-built facilities on the perimeter of Aberdeen airport and have a vacancy for a Laboratory Scientist to join our busy Energy & Environmental Microbiology Services (EEMS) team. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.
This is a full-time role in providing microbiological analysis to our energy and environmental customers. The ideal candidate will be educated to BSc level in Microbiology or other biological discipline with experience of common microbiological techniques. Laboratory experience working in an ISO9001:2015 commercial setting and would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Undertake microbiological and chemical analysis as directed and to the satisfaction of customers.
- Preparation of offshore survey kits.
- Learn new techniques as required.
- Organise routine maintenance of equipment.
- Communicate with customers and suppliers.
- Order consumables; maintain inventories and discard materials/waste as per the prescribed guidelines.
- Use of excel/word, and other computer packages to prepare reports and process data.
- Commitment to the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
- Contributing to a safe working environment by complying with laboratory codes of practice.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of common aseptic and microbiological techniques.
- Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to learn and continually develop.
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver results.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Take ownership of tasks and complete them effectively and efficiently.
- The ability to work effectively within a small team.
Applications, including CV and contact details of two referees, can be mailed to Mrs Fiona Ewing, NCIMB Ltd., Wellheads Place, Aberdeen AB21 7GB or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this position is the 31st of March 2023.