We are recruiting a molecular scientist to join our busy sequencing team, which provides a cGMP microbial identification and next generation sequencing service to external clients.
The ideal candidate will be educated to BSc or MSc level in microbiology or another biological discipline, with some laboratory experience in a commercial setting.
Experience of DNA extraction, PCR, sequencing and bioinformatics would be an advantage, as would experience of working in an ISO9001 or cGMP environment.
Responsibilities and duties of the post include:
- Co-operating in the efficient running of the identification service
- Undertake Molecular Identification analysis as directed and to the satisfaction of customers
- Commitment to the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 17025:2017 and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) as incorporated into the quality management system of the company.
- Contributing to safe working environment by complying with laboratory codes of practice.
- Learning new techniques as required
- Communication with clients and suppliers by mail, telephone and in person
- Ordering consumables, maintaining the ID and NGS inventories and discarding expired materials
- Carrying out routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Using relevant software to process data prepare reports.
Find out more about what we do and who we do it for here.
For more information on how to apply go to: https://www.s1jobs.com/job/molecular-scientist-34634674