Culture Collection: Genomic DNA
There are thousands of authenticated reference strains in our culture collection. Researchers ordering strains are increasingly interested in culturing strains for the purpose of extracting the DNA. We can supply genomic DNA from many of our reference strains, saving you the time and expense of culturing and isolating DNA in your own laboratory.
Why order genomic DNA from NCIMB?
- Our high-quality bacterial genomic DNA has been isolated under aseptic conditions from actively growing cultures.
- Diverse collection: We make genomic DNA to order from the strains in our culture collection. The National Collection of Industrial, Food and Marine Bacteria includes much more than you might expect from its name! Download the A-Z of NCIMB to learn more.
- Great communication and customer service: Feedback consistently tells us that our customers highly value the levels of customer service and communication we provide for both UK and international customers.
Shipment and storage
- Genomic DNA is made to order from the strains in our culture collection so dispatch times vary a little, depending on the characteristics of the organism.
- We ship our genomic DNA at ambient temperatures.
- Overseas orders are sent by airmail.
- The DNA should be stored at -20°C on receipt.